VOTER REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
- US Citizen
- Resident of Sherman County, Kansas
- 18 years old: by next statewide general election
- Restoration of civil rights, following felony conviction
- Abandonment of former residence in another county/state and /or name
PLACES WHERE YOU CAN VOTE
VFW, 824 Main, Goodland, KS
ADVANCE VOTING INFORMATION
- In Sherman County, Advance Voting may begin up to 20 days prior to Election Day
- Anyone may vote in advance- you do not need an excuse to vote early
- Vote in Advance in Person at the County Clerk's office
- Vote in Advance by Mail
- Vote At the Polls on Election Day
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS ABOUT VOTING
Advance Voting replaces absentee voting. You no longer need a reason to vote early in Kansas!
Registered voters have "three voting options" in Sherman County:
- Vote in advance in person
- Vote in advance by mail
- Vote at the polls on Election Day
Who Can Vote An Advance Ballot?
Any registered voter in Sherman County can vote in advance. You simply complete and submit an Application for an Advance Voting Ballot to the Clerk's office.
Where can I Get an Application for an Advance Voting Ballot?
Applications are available at the Clerk's office, on this webpage and on the Kansas Secretary of State's web site.
When may I submit My Application for an Advance Voting Ballot?
Applications for the elections in the year 2012 will be accepted after January 1, 2012. A separate application is needed for each election